Health & Safety
Not only do we require technical and safety training for our employees, we also provide apprenticeship training. We are power certified and follow rigorous on-the-job safety practices. We apply our high safety standards for power distribution network projects to communications network projects as well.
The safety of our employees and the public is our first consideration in all our operations. Not only do we comply with all federal, state and local accident prevention regulations, we proactively identify and eliminate potential hazards, and make every effort to prevent accidents.
Our safety program includes:
- The promotion of safety awareness for all employees through active participation in Maverick’s Loss Control Program and safety activities.
- Provision of personal protective equipment to all personnel as required, and enforcing its use as a condition of employment.
- Installation and maintenance of all safeguards as required.
- Detection and prompt correction of unsafe practices and conditions.
- Enforcement of established regulations and disciplinary action necessary to assure compliance by all employees.
- Immediate reporting of all accidents, followed by a prompt and thorough investigation.
- Continual training and education of all personnel, with special attention to new employees.
Maverick has mandatory as well as elective training programs. Participation in elective training programs qualifies employees for advancement.
First aid, CPR, OSHA 10, and Blood Borne Pathogen training are mandatory for all employees.
Maverick is affiliated with the Utility Workers Union of America Apprentice Training program “Power 4 America” (power4america.org), which also is mandatory for all Maverick employees.